Thursday, April 16, 2009

Motivation

I always think that it's cool to find out what drives and motivates people. Some people like competition, some people like a challenge, some people workout because it makes them feel good and some people do it to look good. I say for me, it's that feeling of accomplishment. The feeling of knowing that you overcame a physical hurdle that seemed so huge and so ominous and you kicked it square in the ass. Knowing that your mind and your thoughts can overcome physical barriers. Pretty cool.

When I was at the health and fitness expo before the Austin Half Marathon, I picked up a flyer for the Long Beach Marathon. My parents really want to do it and I think I want to do it too. Not only is it in lovely Southern CA, but it's also at sea level, on the beach and in my place of birth. The only thing keeping me from signing up for it right now is not knowing where the heck I'm going to be next Oct. I'm not even sure if I will be in this country. However, if I do sign up... training starts in June. I think I will probably join a running group, just so I can recieve coaching and be around other runners for motiviation. I think that would help me a lot.

Speaking of running, i ran 4.5 at TL today. It looked like it was going to pour down rain the whole time. I started out really strong, stopped for water at the Mopac bridge, then sprinted across the bridge. I'm trying the whole Fartlek running thing because I get bored just running paced distances. I think I may try the Greenbelt trail this weekend, possibly tommorow. The knee issue seems to have dissipated (knocks on wood).

As for eating habits today... they are getting weirder due to my lack of groceries!!

Breakfast: Egg Sandwich
2 pieces whole grain oat toast
1 egg (fried)
1 piece Kraft cheese

Lunch: Turkey Sandwich
2 pieces whole grain oat bread
2 slices deli oven roasted turkey breast
1 piece Kraft cheese
Mustard and mayo (lite)
1 orange (cutie)
1 low fat vanilla yogurt

Dinner: Tuna
1 can tuna
1 piece string cheese

Dessert: A Dos Equis! Mmm mmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment