Friday, May 1, 2009

Oh hello there!

I made it back from the clutches of fried foods, overconsumption of coffee, pounding too much beer and back to the good old healthy town of Austin, Texas. May is a new beginning for me, always keeping in the back of my mind that I will be frollicking around in a bathing suit on the beaches of Mexico (pending swine flu doesn't shut down the country) in less than 6 weeks.

This morning I woke up bright and early (circa 5:45 AM) for my standard 4.5 mile run at Town Lake. I wasn't sure how the run would go since I had just spent the last week or so totally abusing my body. However, it went really well! The day was already warm and muggy, but I kept a nice pace up and even sprinted across the MoPac and South 1st street bridges. I only walked for about a minute over the foot bridge. I saw all the bootcampers while I was out. I really wanna do one!! I've been googling like a mad woman,but I haven't found anything that fits my schedule, and if it fits my schedule, it doesn't fit my budget. Boo.

As for food... I'm back on the wagon

Yesterday I had:
Breakfast - English muffin with honey and reduced fat PB, handful of blackberries
Snack- granola bar
Lunch- Lean Cuisine Garlic Chicken Pizza
Snack- More blackberries, a banana and coke (oops)
Dinner- 1 Garlic butter tilapia fillet (made with low fat margarine instead) and brown rice w/ veggies

Today I've had:
Breakfast- Fruit smoothie w/ mangoes, strawberries, 1 banana, 1 cup oj, 1 tbsp plain low fat yogurt, 1 tsp honey

Lunch- Lean Cuisine Chicken Flatbread Melt

Dinner could be a tossup as it is Friday and I have friends coming into town...we shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment