Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cinco De Drinko!

Again, weekends seem to not be very conducive to me trying to develop a healthy eating habit. I don't even want to talk about what I ate last weekend because it makes me feel guilty, and I for one do not enjoy feeling guilty. I am human though. I also really love food. A lot.

Anyways, yesterday, did a walk with Meghan and Dasiy Dog around Town Lake. It was a beautiful, sunny afternoon with lots of people out and about. I also researched some more bootcamps... still haven't found anything.

This morning, I woke up at 5:45 to go run. Did I mention that I am registering for the Long Beach Marathon in October and training begins now? Oof. 4.5 miles at a fast pace (I'm guessing 8 minute miles maybe?) I felt great during the run. I had a serious crash around 11 this morning though and had to compensate by chugging a Coke. Coke=the devil. Tonight is Cinco De Mayo celebration, so I can't guarantee that I won't have some delicious Tex Mex and margaritas to celebrate. I swear, I was an overweight Hispanic woman in another life.

FOOD!

Yesterday

Breakfast:
- 1 whole grain english muffin
- 1 tbsp reduced fat PB
- 1/2 tsp honey
- handful blackberries
- 1 glass OJ

Lunch: TQHA decided to business lunch me! Love it. We went to Houston's where I tried to be wise with my food choices....
- veggie burger made out of brown rice, rolled oats served with cheese, pickles, tomatoes, lettuce
- side of 3 bean salad w/ green beans, black beans and corn tossed with vinnagrette

Snack: piece of pizza (FAIL)

Dinner:
- 3 oz marinated chicken breasts
- cooked carrots

Today

Breakfast: Smoothie
-1/2 cup strawberries
-1/2 cup mangoes
-1/2 cup blackberries
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup OJ
- 1 tsp plain yogurt
-1 tsp honey

Lunch:
- 1 can tuna mixed w/ lowfat mayo
- 1 string cheese
- 1 apple (pink lady!)

Dinner:
Most likely will be copious amounts of queso, enchiladas and other terrible foods, topped of with a Mexican Martini (or two)

I think if I stopped drinking cold turkey, I would probably lose 5 lbs right there. I should try that....ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment